Product Compliance Specialist
Product Compliance Specialist
PART TIME or FULL TIME (w/m/d) HANAU & HOME BASED
We are looking for an ambitious, and highly structured person responsible for product compliance, in relation to standards and tests for children's products worldwide.
The position requires that you, in collaboration with the design team as well as suppliers to implement systematic security for information about product compliance, to customers as well as internally at Toddlekind. You must also, in collaboration with the operations team, prepare test plans for products, both stock items (batch control) and collection samples, to ensure the standard is complied with by suppliers and partners.
You understand the importance of proper document management as well as good communication both internally in and in dialogue with authorities and various stakeholders.
- Design of standard inspection and production requirements in relation to categories (toys etc.) with inspection manual as output, and ensure compliance with these
- Regularly monitor / check for updates and developments in the regulatory basis for tests etc. Specifically at EU level
- Ensure compliance with document requirements, updating of compliance documents and if necessary preparing new ones
- Maintaining certifications for GOTS and for all our test certifications per supplier and product
- Define the policy for inspections - security with 3rd parties for timely inspection and handling of deviations
- Inspection - contact with suppliers and planning of inspections, as well as preparation of documents
- Coordination with various partners - enter into dialogue with authorities (IHK regarding labelling requirements etc), as well as handling annual inspection visits
- Input to CSR strategy for Toddlekind
- Risk assessment of suppliers and various focus areas
- Proactive activation of CSR requirements at suppliers, possibly with travel activity after Covid-19.
- Maintenance of overview for expiration of certifications
Does This Sound Like You?
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably as a technician, engineer or purchaser
- Experience from similar positions, with heavy insight into or experience from production
- Experience in being part of the design and production process
- Experience working with various authorities and stakeholders
- A structured and organized personality
- Digital insight and interest
- Excellent communicative skills in English, and German both oral and written
- A team player who can work independently
- Knowledge of the fashion and retail industry - an advantage, not a requirement
What We Offer
- Join a fast growing children’s brand with a presence in 46 countries. Be an integral part of our exciting journey and enjoy all the fun that goes with working in an innovative start up.
- 30 days holiday
- Flexible working with home office – we expect 3 days in the office & 2 days from home.
- A company, laptop and home set up.
- Exclusive discounts to our children products.
- On-going training and development.
Please send your CV and covering note along with your salary expectations to: email@example.com